The Republicans believe if you repeat something for long enough (i.e. that Palin has so much more experience than Obama), it will become true. Let’s take a real look at the political careers of Palin vs. Obama and you can decide.
Alaska population: 683,000 people
Illinois population: 12.9 million people
- 2006 - Present — Govenor of Alaska (elected November 2006)
- 1996 - 2002 — Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska
- 1992 - 1996 — Served on the city council, of Wasilla, Alaska (population 7,025)
- 1988 – Worked as a Sports reporter for KTUU-TV in Alaska. Helped with husband’s commercial fishing business.
- 1987 – B.S. in Journalism from University of Idaho
- 2005 - Present — United States Senate
- 1996 - 2004 — Illinois State Senate
- 1993 - 1996 — Civil rights attorney with Miner, Barnhill & Gallan. He represented community organizers, discrimination claims, and voting rights cases.
- 1988 - 1991 – Harvard Law School, and first black president of Harvard Law Review in it’s 104 year history, J.D. degree magna cum laude
- 1985 - 1988 – Delayed law school and moved to Chicago to take a job as a community organizer as Director of the Developing Communities Project.
- 1983 — B.A. from Columbia University in New York